- To-dos. Drag them. Reorder them. Check them off. Assign them. Pick a due date. Get stuff done!
- Search. Jump to a project or person easily or find that thing that's in Basecamp.
- Make Projects. Right from your phone, get started right with a new project in Basecamp.
- Today Widget. Get a glance at your to-dos and calendar events from your iPhone's Today screen.
- Share extension. Post a sketch from apps like Paper in Basecamp. Copy that link from Safari into Basecamp. Put it in Basecamp!
- Handoff. Looking at Basecamp on your Mac or iPad? Pop open your iPhone and pick up right where you left off.
- 1Password. Users of AgileBits' excellent password manager can now sign-in to Basecamp on iOS.
This is especially handy for referring to files inside a comment. Want people to choose their favorite image out of 3 options? Rename your files 01, 02, and 03, and it'll be easier for everyone to respond with their choices by name.
Here's how to do it.
First, upload a file, or edit something that has files attached to it (like a to-do or a comment.) You'll see each file's name listed below its icon or thumbnail.
You can also rename standalone files, by going to the file's page and choosing Edit.
If you're a Gmail user, you'll appreciate a new shortcut we've added to your inbox.
Now when you receive a Basecamp notification email, you'll see a small "View on Basecamp" button to the right of the subject line. Click that button and you'll be taken directly to the Basecamp discussion, without having to open the email.
We hope this small addition saves you a few clicks a day and makes your life with Basecamp faster and easier!
We hope you enjoy this update! Stay tuned for more from the Basecamp iOS team: Jason, Nick and Zach.