Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
Basecamp, LLC is committed to compliance with U.S. copyright law. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), copyright owners have the right to notify Basecamp, LLC, if they believe that an account user of a Basecamp application has infringed the copyright owner’s work(s). Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to Basecamp’ designated agent for receiving such notifications.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Basecamp, LLC
30 North Racine Avenue, Suite 200
ATTN: David H. Hansson
Chicago, Illinois 60607
To be effective, the notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit Basecamp to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Basecamp to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.