A fair refund policy
HEY for You
With HEY for You, we sell subscriptions on an annual basis only. If you pay for a year of HEY for You and then cancel before the year is up, we make sure you aren’t charged in the future. Your account will be accessible until your paid period ends. After that, your account will become inaccessible but your data will stay safe with us for 60 days. That gives you time to migrate to a new provider, export your data, configure outbound forwarding if you’d like, and change any logins that use your HEY email address. After 60 days, we’ll permanently delete all data from the account except for your credentials, backup email address, 2FA info and outbound forwarding configuration if any. We keep this in case you’d like to reopen your account in the future and to keep outbound forwarding working. You can also choose to delete your account completely, which would also stop any outbound forwarding. For more details, please read our Cancellation policy.
Here are examples of refunds for HEY for You we’d grant:
- You decided HEY wasn’t for you and stopped using it early on but forgot to cancel your account. Then you got the auto-renewal invoice. If you don’t need any extra time to migrate and you don’t need outbound forwarding, let us know and we’ll refund that last payment.
- You decide HEY isn’t for you and you finish downloading your data and changing logins so that you don’t need outbound forwarding or keeping your account open well ahead of the end of your paid period. Let us know and we’ll refund back a prorated amount for the remaining whole months.
- If you were really not happy with HEY, you can have your money back.
We’ll also consider giving credits for future cycles if something goes wrong on our side. For example, if we had extended downtime (multiple hours in a day, or multiple days in a month) or you emailed customer service and it took multiple days to get back to you, we’ll issue a partial credit to your account.
If you cancel and request a refund within the first year, your @hey.com email address will be recycled 30 days after account cancellation and made available to someone else. That’s true for full refunds and prorated refunds, but doesn’t apply for valid consumption tax refunds.
HEY for Domains
HEY for Domains subscriptions are paid on a monthly basis for each user (manager, co-worker) within an account. But we know that change happens, folks join or move on, and sometimes cleaning up email addresses that may no longer be needed might accidentally slip through the cracks.
Here are examples of refunds for HEY for Domains we’d grant:
- If you were just charged for the next month of service but you meant to cancel, we’re happy to refund that extra charge.
- If you forgot to remove a user from the account a couple months ago, we’ll give you a full refund for a few back months. The email address for a removed user can be re-used later in your account.
- If you tried out HEY for Domains for your organization for a couple months and you just weren’t happy with it, you can have your money back.
Get in touch
At the end of the day, nearly everything on the edges comes down to a case-by-case basis. Send us a note, tell us what’s up, and we’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy.