We are required to collect and remit sales tax in a number of US states and localities. Not all states tax the sale of software as a service (SaaS), but it’s becoming increasingly common. If your state or city is on the list below, you’ll see a line item on your monthly invoice for sales tax. The rate being collected on your invoice is determined by your billing address and, in certain jurisdictions, whether you are using our products for business/commercial or personal purposes. As regulations change, we will update this list.
Jurisdictions we collect and remit taxes for
You’ll see sales tax on your invoice if you live in:
- Alaska (only certain jurisdictions charge sales tax)
- Chicago (Illinois)
- District of Columbia
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Updating your billing address
If you need to change your billing information because you don’t actually reside in a taxable jurisdiction, you can easily handle that within your accounts. You may need to re-enter your credit card information as part of the billing address update. Follow these links to see how to your update your credit card in:
We’re here to help
Please contact our Support team if you have trouble or if:
- you believe you’re being charged in error.
- your organization is sales tax exempt. Include your tax exempt certificate and your product account ID or domain when you email Support. If you are based in the US, please share your state-specific tax exempt documentation as not all US federal (IRS) exemptions are recognized by each state. Your account information can typically be found in a URL when you are in the application:
- for HEY, just email us from your HEY account
- you have any additional questions.