Basecamp is free for teachers!
Over the years, Basecamp has proven to be very popular with teachers, classrooms, and students. We want to take it to the next level by absorbing the cost and offering it free for teachers to use with their students.
We know budgets are tight these days, so hopefully this can help reduce the strain and improve school projects at the same time.
Here’s how teachers can get a free Basecamp account.
- If you already have a Basecamp account which you use for your classroom, just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Basecamp username or email address and we’ll make sure you don’t get charged for the account any more. Be sure to tell us where you work and what you teach!
- If you’re brand new to Basecamp, first sign up for a free trial account, and then drop email@example.com a line with your Basecamp username or email address and we’ll make sure you don’t get charged for the account. Be sure to tell us where you work and what you teach!
Thanks for everything you do.
Teaching is hard work, and, unfortunately, often thankless and under appreciated. But we know how important you are, and we know how important the work you do is. If there’s anything else we can do to help you or your classroom, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program exceptions and details.
- There’s a one free account limit per teacher. If you have multiple classes, you can use the same Basecamp account with those different classes. Just add all your students to the Basecamp account, and then you can decide which ones get access to which projects. This way you can have 23 students with access to one project, and another 26 with access to another project, etc. Students can only see the projects you give them access to see.
- This free Basecamp account can only be used for your classroom work. It can’t be used for personal, professional, or for-profit projects outside of the classroom. We’re on the honor system here, but if we do discover abuses we reserve the right to revoke the account or remove the free status.
- If you’re a teacher who’s been paying for Basecamp previously, we can’t refund previous invoices you’ve paid before we made Basecamp free for teachers. This is a new program that starts on February 5th, 2014 and only applies for charges that would have been incurred past that date.
- We reserve the right to end the “Basecamp Free for Teachers” program due to chronic abuse of the free accounts or other circumstances. If we do, any teachers who have free comped accounts will continue to be able to use those accounts free of charge, we just won’t offer up new free accounts to new teachers.
- If you have any other questions about Basecamp, or the Basecamp Free for Teachers program, drop us a note at email@example.com.