“It's in Basecamp.”
Instead of stuff scattered all over the place — strewn across separate products, lost in inboxes, or scrawled on stickies or notepads — Basecamp brings everything your company’s working on under one roof. Organized, centralized, and clear so everyone knows where everything is, what to do, and where things stand.
Keep the entire conversation about a specific topic together on a single page. No more digging through email or trying to reassemble a story from a series of fragmented replies.
- customize with your own post types
- embed images or files into your message
- applaud messages and comments you like
- share with everyone or select individuals
Create to-do lists for all the work you need to do, assign tasks, and set due dates. Basecamp will follow up on overdue tasks for you.
- assign to-dos to one or more people
- add notes and file attachments
- comment directly on tasks and lists
- easily see what’s assigned to you
Every project in Basecamp includes a schedule that displays any dated to-dos and events for that project. Everyone on the project can see it, so they’ll all know what’s coming up.
- add events with dates, times, and date ranges
- subscribe with Google Calendar, iCal, or Outlook
- discuss events on their own self-contained page
- add people to notify them when things change
Realtime Chat (Campfires)
Basecamp’s real-time chat lets you ask quick questions and get equally quick answers. All without reaching for a separate app.
- every project includes its own chat room
- @mention people to get their attention
- attach files, quotes, and code samples
- have fun with sounds, video, and emoji
Stop wasting time on status meetings. Checkins let you ask your team questions on a regular basis, with all the replies rolled up in one easy-to-digest thread.
- ask questions daily, weekly, or monthly
- ask the whole team or specific people
- pick the time of day you want to ask
- comment directly on individual answers
Documents & File Storage
Every project in Basecamp includes a space to share documents, files, images and more. Since everyone on the project has access, people will know exactly where to find everything.
- link up live Google Docs and discuss them in Basecamp
- simple drag and drop upload
- every file includes a complete version history
- reorder and color code files to keep things tidy
Important emails shouldn’t stay stranded in an inbox. Forward them into Basecamp where you can discuss with your team.
- each project includes a unique forward address
- discuss forwarded emails privately
- send a response to the sender when you’re ready
- subsequent responses will land directly in Basecamp
If you work with clients, you'll love Clientside. Use it to share work with your clients and get their approval on the record.
- zero learning curve for clients
- forward client emails directly into Basecamp
- share to-dos, messages and more with clients
- everything is private until you choose to share
Stop wondering what's going on and know instead. Reports cut across every team and project to give you quick insight into exactly where things stand.
- see what’s overdue or due soon
- see all the tasks assigned to someone
- see what’s been completed today
- see who clapped for you
Direct Messages (Pings)
Need to have a private conversation with a coworker? Pings let you chat in real time with anyone on the same Basecamp account.
- have private 1-1 or small group conversations
- search your conversation history
- attach files, quotes, and code samples
- have fun with sounds, video, and emoji!
Catch up on what's new without having to juggle apps. The Hey! menu is your one stop shop for processing new conversations, tasks, comments, and more.
- optionally get notified by email
- temporarily disable notifications with Focus Mode
- set the hours that you can be notified within
- @mention anyone to send them a notification
Powerful search lets you find what you’re looking for without scrolling through thousands of results or rummaging through a bunch of different apps.
- search everywhere or one specific Basecamp
- search by keyword or person
- search for images and files only
- search your Ping history
- Customize every project. Pick the tools you need and name them what you want.
- Embed YouTube videos, Tweets, and more in messages or comments by pasting their link.
- See your assigned tasks for every project in one place, ordered by due date.
- Themes! Change the color of Basecamp’s interface to make it yours.
- Get a digest of daily activity delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Bookmark important messages, to-do lists and more for quick and easy reference.
- Create public links to share with people who aren’t on your Basecamp.
- See an agenda of everything you’ve got coming up across all projects.
- Notification schedules help you to keep work from creeping in to your weekend.
- View teams & projects as cards or in a condensed list view.
If you’re wondering if you can do something in Basecamp, the answer is YES!
No obligations, no credit card required.