The best parts of Basecamp have been turned into open-source projects.
Ruby on Rails®
Ruby on Rails is the heart and soul of Basecamp. Since its release in 2004, Ruby on Rails has helped thousands of programmers rekindle their love for programming and encouraged many new programmers to join them. Learn how you can start building your next app right now with Ruby on Rails.
Knock out Rails & Rack apps like a superhero. Pow is our zero-config Rack server for Mac OS X. Have it serving your apps locally in less than a minute.
More of our open source projects
- action_profiler Profile Rails requests on a live app.
- aws-s3 AWS-S3 is a Ruby implementation of Amazon's S3 REST API.
- cached_externals Symlink to external dependencies.
- Capistrano Dead simple Ruby on Rails application deployment.
- fast_remote_cache A faster version of Capistrano's remote_cache deployment strategy.
- libmemcached_store ActiveSupport::Cache wrapper for libmemcached.
- mail_view Visual email testing.
- marginalia Attach comments to ActiveRecord's SQL queries.
- Scamp A framework for writing Campfire bots.
- tickle Run your tests in parallel processes.
- trashed Keep tabs on expensive Ruby garbage collection. Support for NewRelic RPM and Rack.